* over 60 Polish-language documents and extracts from American and European sources, analyzed and translated; they include extracts from birth, death, and marriage records of various formats; gazetteer entries; revision lists; obituaries; population registers; military service records; passports; etc.
* sections on Polish grammar, phonetics, and spelling
* information on how to locate records in America and Europe, including contact information for various archives in Poland and neighboring countries
* a chapter on gazetteers and how to use them, with 12 maps showing Poland's changing borders and divisions
* a vocabulary list of over 2,500 entries, featuring terms most likely to be found in records, including many overlooked by most dictionaries
* a 14-page index to facilitate looking up specific items.